Four groups of English course 6, which has as its main themes education and employment, visited companies at the end of February. Two groups headed towards EY in the vicinity of the central railway station, while two other groups visited ABB in Pitäjänmäki. The visits were organised through the Tunne Työ project. In March, the same groups will visit Stora Enso and UPM.
Most students were satisfied or very satisfied with the visit (77.4%) .
When asked what they had learned from the visit, this is what they answered (small random excerpt):
- Knowledge about a global business.
- It was nice to know about the company
- Interesting and useful information on how huge corporations work. I want to work there.
- 7 years in uni is crazy…”
- I got more information on the available jobs for the future. It is always interesting to learn fun facts such as there’s the employees in EY in Finland are 51% female.
- I learned how the future will change
- If I need help with working abroad I’ll go to ask eEY
- the future of technology and how it effects future jobs.
- Language skills are important when you have an international work environment
- I learned what skill are really useful in general and what type of persons most employees are looking for.
- A lot of useful skills like teamwork, motivation
- Opin yrityksen toiminnasta.
- technology is growing very fast
- technology is taking over the world
- Teamwork is useful
- To listen to English better, studying
- Business tips
- ”-Characters you need in a job
- -Not to stress about the future”
- ei tarvii oikeastaan vielä tietää, mitä haluaa tehdä
These were the working life skills the students learned about, the skills employers are looking for: